- WHERE TO FLY
- HOW TO FLY
- OTHER SERVICES
- SPECIAL OFFERS
- ABOUT US
I would like to cancel the flight. Can I get my money back?
Yes, flights cancelled by the passenger shall be refunded pursuant to the applicable Russian laws, CJSC Sky Express Rules for Domestic Air Carriage of Passengers and Baggage, and the Tariff Application Rules. Refund Notification shall be submitted pursuant to the Procedure for submission of refund documents and shall be considered within 10 business days after the airline has received the notification. The period of cash remittance depends on your choice of a Flight payment method and the way of refund. Additional services shall be refunded in compliance with the Terms of each particular service.
What amount shall be payable to the passenger in case of the flight delay?
What amount shall be payable to the passenger in case of the flight delay? If the passenger has not booked the “SKY GUARANTEE” service, then pursuant to Article 120 of the Russian Air Code 25% of the minimum monthly wage set by the federal law shall be payable thereto per each hour of delay of the flight, but no more than 50% of carriage charge, i.e. RUB 25 per hour of delay. If the passenger books the “SKY GUARANTEE” service, should the flight be delayed for more than 3 hours, he (she) will get RUB 3,000 compensation from the airline.
I have failed to arrive to check in for the flight and have missed the flight. Can I get my money for the ticket back if the flight has already departed?
You may not refuse carriage and get you ticket payment back without submitting a Refund Notification prior to the flight departure (pursuant to Clause 188.8.131.52. of Rules for Domestic Air Carriage and Application Thereof. The only exception is the cases when the passenger can document that it was not possible to notify of the involuntary flight cancellation in advance (pursuant to Clause 184.108.40.206. of Rules for Domestic Air Carriage and Application Thereof).
The flight I should have taken is delayed or cancelled. At the same time my plans have also changed, and I want to cancel my flight. How can I do it?
If you do not want to fly for the reason of flight cancellation or delay more than 3 hours prior to the scheduled departure time, provided that you apply at least 20 minutes prior to the departure, you may:
1. Postpone the date of departure to the same destination for the next 24 hours without repayment of tariff difference if seats are available for the selected flight. (In this case no Refund Application shall be filled in; it shall be sufficient to call the Booking Centre or contact the airline representative office at the departure airport before the flight check-in is complete).
2. Credit the amount paid for the unused flight to your Sky Express Personal Account with a possibility of subsequent use thereof within 180 days for paying for new Sky Express flights and services (the “Personal Account” service is available to company’s registered customers only).
3. Be reimbursed for the amount paid for the unused flight in compliance with the Rules of Application of Tariffs, Service Fees and Charges. It may be done by non-cash transfer to your personal bank account/bank card the Flight has been booked from; to this end an Air Carriage Cancellation Notification shall be completed in the due procedure with all the required documents being supplied.
Please contact the Sky Express representative at the airport of departure who will issue a Notification blank and help you properly complete it; the representative will accept the document thereafter by endorsing it as accepted. The refund period amounting to 30 business days shall run from the date on which the Notification is received.
How much does it cost to submit an Air Carriage Cancellation Notification at the airline representative office?
You can submit an Air Carriage Cancellation Notification at the Sky Express Representative Office in your city absolutely free of charge.
How can I get my money back for unused air carriage if I bought the ticket for the Sky Express flight at an agency?
If you bought your ticket at an Air Service Agency, in case of involuntary refund, you should contact the office of the Agency that had issued the ticket. You are to present the ticket preliminarily marked at the airport to show the flight delay/cancellation or to submit the documents supporting your temporary incapacity for work.
What documents shall I submit for air carriage cancellation and refunding?
In order to document the air carriage cancellation you will need:
- completed Cancellation Notification in the established form;
- original payment document where a 12-digit number of the paid flight coincides with a 12-digit booking number indicated in the Notification (if the Flight has been paid in cash);
- a copy of the ID document used when booking the flight;
- an Itinerary.
If you are executing an involuntary air carriage cancellation for the reason of illness/death of the passenger or his (her) family member, the above documents shall be supplemented with an original medical statement bearing a blue ink stamp of the medical institution.
Medical Statement Sample
• Attention: An Air Carriage Cancellation Notification shall be only accepted from the passenger or a third person having a notarized Power of Attorney in the presence of an airline officer. In this case it is required to submit a copy of an ID document which was produced when acquiring the ticket and a copy of a third person’s ID.
• Attention: Incomplete document package shall not be accepted.
What is the deadline for filing an Air Carriage Cancellation Notification?
Air Carriage Cancellation Notifications shall be accepted no less than 30 minutes prior to the actual flight departure time. Upon the Air Carriage completion, the Notification shall be accepted provided that the passenger can document that it was not possible to notify of the flight cancellation in advance (sudden disease of the passenger or disease or death of his (her) family member accompanying him (her) onboard an aircraft as confirmed by medical documents).
A copy of medical statement/sick voucher must be attached to the Notification of Involuntary Air Carriage Cancellation due to disease/death of the passenger or a close relative.
Air Carriage Cancellation Notifications shall be accepted to get the refund in cash at the Sky Express own cash desks at the Moscow Vnukovo Airport or at the Kievsky Railway Station.
• In case of voluntary cancellation, notifications shall be accepted prior to check-in.
• Involuntary cancellation notification acceptance and cash refunding shall be completed 30 minutes prior to the actual flight departure time.
Attention: please estimate the time for Notification submission with due account of service awaiting queue.
How can I get my money back for unused air carriage?
In case of proper execution of a Flight Cancellation Notification within due timeframes you may get back your money for unused carriage:
- to the Personal Customer Account with the Sky Express. Remittance of funds shall be effected immediately upon contacting the Booking Centre. In case of execution of a Notification at the airline cash desk, funds shall be transferred to the account within 30 business days of filing the Notification.
- to the bank card. Funds shall be remitted within 10 working days of submitting a Cancellation Notification to the airline. If the flight you cancel has been paid by bank card, the refund may be made to that card only. The surname of the card holder shall be spelled in the Notification exactly in the same way as on the card.
- in cash at a cash desk of Sky Express. The Passenger shall be present in person or be represented by an authorized person having a notarized Power of Attorney to get cash at the cash desk. A Refund Notification shall be completed in the presence of an Airline officer.
ATTENTION! When paying for the flight by Prepaid Card, the only possible way to refund is to the customer’s Personal Account or settlement account.
In case of voluntary air carriage cancellation, if there are more than 24 hours before departure, a fee equal to 519 roubles per each segment shall be levied. If there less than 24 hours remain before the flight departure, a fee equal to 519 roubles as well as penalty at the rate of 25% of tariff shall be levied.
In case of involuntary air carriage cancellation no fees or penalties shall be levied.
How shall I submit an Air Carriage Cancellation Notification to the airline?
You should submit a complete package of documents for air carriage cancellation to the Sky Express Representative. In case of any claim for refund in cash, the Air Carriage Cancellation Notification shall be completed in the presence of the Representative by the passenger personally or by an authorized person having a notarized Power of Attorney.
If you wish to execute a voluntary air carriage cancellation and remit the funds to Personal Customer Account with Sky Express, you may do so without executing a Notification. Please contact the Booking Centre and the money will be immediately remitted to your Personal Account pursuant to a verbal request.
Reservations and assistance +7 495 580 9360 (Russia), +7 812 600 3656 (St. Petersburg), Mobile (28 RUB/min) 0871 ext. 111© 2010 Sky Express all rights reserved